So I’ve written before that growing up, the land on three sides of our house was farmland! So our house was at the end of the street. One of the treats of the day was when my father came home, because you see he had an old 1939 or so pickup truck with running boards on the side. So when us kids saw him coming we’d all run to the beginning of the street and hope on those running boards for the ride to the house, as short as it was!! The reason that this memory popped into my head todaywas that this morning looking for Jerry Jeff’s “Stoney” I came across Jerry Jeff’s “Pick-up Truck song and I thought of the above and also how whenever we went somewhere and got lost coming home my dad would say “I got to come out somewhere that I know!! He was usually right and I still drive with that philosophy!! So let’s go off to Target with Jerry Jeff and “The Pickup Truck song!!
Come and Share Your Thoughts on One of the Me. Myself,Music and Mysteries Forums
Bonnie J Addario Lung Cancer Foundation
2013 Reads Acoustic Guitar Americana B.B King Bluegrass Blues Books Brooks Williams Classic Rock David Bromberg Electonic Family Folk George Benson Grant Green Guitar History Hopalong Cassidy Jazz Jimmie Spheeris Kenny Burrell Lunchtime Music Mark Knopfler Mysteries Native American flute New Age Piedmont Blues Politics Prog Rock Rahsaan Roland Kirk Roots Rock Thrillers TV Memories Victor Wooten William Boyd World Music
Top Posts & Pages
- Take a Trip to My Wife's Coventry Market!!
- "Into the Morning" with Eklipse and David Guetta's "Titanium"
- Sunday Night Flashback - 1971 John Denver's Aerie and Poems, Prayers and Promises!
- On this Date in Music - December 8, 1928 - Organist Jimmy Smith was born!!
- Morning Music from Quicksilver Messenger Service
- Jesse Winchester at the Tin Angel - 4/12/11
- Exploring Prog Rock - Anubis - A Tower of Silence
- Today in History - 1918 - The Red Baron is killed
- This Day in Music - December 7, 1941 - Happy Birthday, Harry Chapin!!
- 2013 Blues from Oakland's - No - Austin's Birdlegg