Way back when, actually August 12, 1970, I went to a concert at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. I went to see Chicago, then still known as Chicago Transit Authority. Opening for Chicago was a band from Macon, Georgia, The Allman BrothersBand. Looking back this morning, I was trying to figure out if either of the bands second albums had been released yet, they weren’t. Chicago’s second album would not be released until October of that year and the Brother’s’ second album Idlewild South was not released until September. Anyway, at that time, Chicago was the better known of the two bands. I really remember little about the concert, except that the Allman’s songs went on and on, and while I was enjoying them the crowd got reckless and started chanting for Chicago and I don’t remember if they booed or not but they probably came close to it, if they didn’t! So how about one of those longer tracks by the Allman Brothers. Here’s “Whipping Post” from September 1970 featuring Duane and Greg!! (oh, I got the date of the concert from the Allman Brothers’ website)
Come and Share Your Thoughts on One of the Me. Myself,Music and Mysteries Forums
Bonnie J Addario Lung Cancer Foundation
2013 Reads Acoustic Guitar Americana B.B King Bluegrass Blues Books Brooks Williams Classic Rock David Bromberg Electonic Family Folk George Benson Grant Green Guitar History Hopalong Cassidy Jazz Jimmie Spheeris Kenny Burrell Lunchtime Music Mark Knopfler Mysteries Native American flute New Age Piedmont Blues Politics Prog Rock Rahsaan Roland Kirk Roots Rock Thrillers TV Memories Victor Wooten William Boyd World Music
Top Posts & Pages
- Take a Trip to My Wife's Coventry Market!!
- "Into the Morning" with Eklipse and David Guetta's "Titanium"
- Sunday Night Flashback - 1971 John Denver's Aerie and Poems, Prayers and Promises!
- On this Date in Music - December 8, 1928 - Organist Jimmy Smith was born!!
- Morning Music from Quicksilver Messenger Service
- Exploring Prog Rock - Anubis - A Tower of Silence
- Jesse Winchester at the Tin Angel - 4/12/11
- 2013 Blues from Oakland's - No - Austin's Birdlegg
- Today in Music - 1962 - "The Stripper" hits No. 1 and an Explantion for My Cowboy Outfits!
- This Day in Music - December 7, 1941 - Happy Birthday, Harry Chapin!!