So I haven’t made any New Year’s Resolutions yet, because like many people I don’t think they work. You make the resolutions stick to them in January and by February you’re back to being your old self. What I want to do is to take my time look at where I want to go, how I want to improve myself and then make monthly type goals ala The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. One thing I do know that I want to do is improve this blog…one way to do that I think is to make it more personal. More about me and what I’m doing as far the books I’m reading and the music I have listened to. I’ve browsed around other book blogs to see what they do and I have gotten a few ideas. I want to continue following and reading several blogs to get additional ideas.
One of the many challenges that I saw was at Carpelibrumgirl.blogspot.com. It’s her 2015 TBR Pile Challenge. (To Be Read)Here’s how it works……
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. The sign up link below will remain open until January 10, 2015 at 11:30am PST.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, just as long as you review the book you’ve read. You can review on your book on your blog, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, Instagram etc.
- Any genre, length, or format of book counts as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your self for some time. Short stories and novellas do count! The only stipulations that the book must have been released in 2014 or earlier. No 2015 ARCs or 2015 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed.
- On the 30th of every other month, she will post a wrap-up for the previous two months and will contain new linkys for you to add your own wrap-up posts.
- THERE WILL BE 2 GIVEAWAYS! – IN July and December. Giveaway details will be explained once the giveaway post goes up. She doesn’t want to overwhelm you with too many details now 🙂
- You don’t have to follow her to join the challenge, but you do have to follow her to be entered in the giveaways on Instagram/Twitter at @carpelibrumgirl and on her Blog through Google Friend Connect ( on the side bar) or Bloglovin Link ( also on the side bar) either one or will do!.
1-10 – A Friendly Acquaintance
11-20 – A Firm Grasp on My Pile
21-30 – Clearing it out
31-40 – I Got This!
41-50 – More Room on My Shelves!
50+ – I’m Married to my TBR Pile
- Write a post about joining the 2015 TBR Pile Challenge on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook or tweet about it via Twitter or repost my IG Post on your IG Page!.
- In your post, don’t forget to include: the button/banner, link back to My Sign Up Page, the level you’re aiming at and – if you want – a list of books you’re hoping to read for the challenge.
- Place the challenge button in your sidebar (please use the grab link at the Bottom of the post).
- Link up in the linky below using the link to your post/tweet.
- That’s it! You’re done! Welcome to the challenge, stay tuned for lots of fun! And most importantly, good luck with tackling your TBR Pile!
My TBR Pile Challenge Goal is 21-30 – Clearing it out – I have also joined the Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge and set my goal at 45 books so I think maybe half should be from my TBR pile!! Wish me luck and join us!!
Oh and I have already read one book off of my TBR pile Strangled by Brian McGrory you can read the review here!!